ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP PRESENTED BY KIMIEBI IMOMOTIMI EBIENFA, THE OUTGOING PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION OF GRADUATE STUDENTS OF POLITICAL SCIENCE(AGSPOS), UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, ON THE OCCASION OF HAND- OVER/SWEARING-IN OF NEWLY ELECTED EXECUTIVE OF THE ASSOCIATION, 2ND JUNE, 2010.
The outgoing executive was elected on the 10th of June, 2009, but was historically inaugurated only on the 3rd of November, 2009, by the Head of Department, Prof. Bayo Okunade, due to the elongated nationwide ASUU strike.
Properties of the Association received from our predecessors after a strenuous process on the 23rd of November, 2009 include:
• Copy of the Association 1998 Constitution
• Alumnus Stickers (10)
• Exhausted Receipt Booklets
• First Bank Deposit Slip
• File copies of correspondence of previous Executives
• Letter Headed papers of Previous Executives
• Financial Records of the 2004/2005 session Executive
The 2009/2010 AGSPOS Executive commenced her administration with lofty objectives and a programme of action, but was seriously hindered by financial constrains. I wish to state emphatically that, the outgoing executive inherited financially zero account, which we painfully struggled with for several months.
Be that as it may, the Executive during the period under review recorded remarkable success in the following areas:
1. Resuscitation of the almost moribund Association.
2. Participation in a roundtable on “ Culture, Religion, Ethics and Corruption in Nigeria” organized by the Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization.
3. Participation in an interactive session titled “National Security Services and Sustenance of Democracy in Nigeria” organized by the Department and the Master in Strategic Studies (MSS) Participants (Batch 17).
4. Present a gift item to Dr (Mrs) Bukola Adesina for her successful Wedding.
5. Drafting and ratification of a new AGSPOS Constitution, 2010.
6. Conducted free and fair elections for new Executive
7. Organize a Symposium titled “Goodluck Jonathan and the Challenges of 2011 Elections” which was given a wide media coverage etc.
Just like sunrise and sunset, there is indeed a time for everything, a time to be sworn in and a time to hand over. Therefore in addition to the items we inherited, we are handing over the following:
a. AGSPOS 2010 Constitution
b. Photo Album of the 2009/2010 session
c. A set of Tumblers (6)
d. File copies of correspondence
e. A Banner
f. Email and Password
g. The sum of Ten Thousand Fifty Naira (N10, 050.00).
AGSPOS has been a wonderful experience. We appreciate all those who contributed to make our tenure in office successful. We equally drank satisfactorily from the fountain of wisdom and support of Prof. Bayo Okunade, our erudite head of Department, and Dr Remi Aiyede, our amiable Staff Adviser.
Finally to those we have offended with our leadership style, please kindly have mercy on us. To err is human, but to forgive is divine. To our successors, remember that your task is enormous and much is expected from you. Keep the AGSPOS flag flying.
Thanks and God Bless
KIMIEBI IMOMOTIMI EBIENFA (JP)